Old 06-01-2009   #1
Anyone Row Boulder Creek in a Cat?

Ran it in 2003 @ 600cfs (a rare event). Just bike scouted from Elephant Rock to Broadway @ 425 cfs and its looks good to go other than a few tight or boney spots. Anyone interested if it gets up to say 500?

Rich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009   #2
Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
I'm interested. Might be a better paddle boat run though.

raftus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009   #3
boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
I woulld try it.

I know a guy who has done it in his 12 ft. cat I might try it in my 14ft cat but I would jump on a paddle rig if some one has room.
davecosnowboarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009   #4
Fort Collins, Colorado
Not sure about rowing it, but I would be interested in sitting in a paddle boat.

I have been thinking about that creek for a little while now. If yall need another paddler I would be interested or if you are going to row it and want another infladable with you I could bring my paddlecat.
There is always a reason not to...
teleboater5.13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009   #5
Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2003
I would hop in a paddle boat.
jmalefyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009   #6
Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
I'd love to see some folks take small oar rigs down through the buttresses. I'd be happy to come help with a little safety if there is interest while I'm available.

I rowed my old bucket boat through the course back in '96. I pissed off a lot of kayakers. I should have had a fog horn. Our little creek is nowhere near as popular with kayakers as it was 10+ years ago. It used to be flat out crowded in the eddies.

(seven two 0)-298-2242
Dave Frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009   #7
When I ran it in my 12' cat @ 600, I did not see any kayakers. Went from above the playpark to Broadway in maybe 20 minutes. Could not go below Broadway because that was the summer (2003) that the Broadway bridge was under construction. Would like to put in higher and takeout lower. Want to scout by the houses on Canon Park Rd a little closer and need to check for wood below Boulder High. There is a useable put in ramp right by the highway just upstream of the bike bridge at Elephant Buttress, across from an island.

Does anyone think it will go up to 500 cfs? Looked tight and boney @ 425, but might look better if the sun comes out. A paddle boat would be better in the tight spots, but the cat is great in the boney. Besides, a cat is what I got! Two boats or more would be great.

If it comes up, I will give a shout for an evening run, otherwise it will probable be Clear Creek or da Poudre.

Richard 303-589-3021

Raftus, After Beartrap @ 4000+ this would be true creeking!
Have run it a couple times at 2k, would love to see 4k!
Old 06-02-2009   #8
Boulder, Colorado
There was a river wide tree down last night (6/1) just before Boulder High School, couple drops below Broadway. Had a slot on either side you could limbo through. We went left (in kayaks) and made it under. Otherwise clear to the 30th St Greenhouse.
yojimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009   #9
Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2002
I ran the creek last night and saw the tree. I ran it again tonight and most of that tree has been removed where you can run center. It still exists on the left and right and may still be a hazard at higher flows. You can see the tree from a foot bridge above the high school.
SueCherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010   #10
Boulder Creek 600+++!!!

Anyone one want to try Boulder Creek in cats or rafts???
Keith are you out there???

This is a rare event...ran from above the playpark to Broadway in 2003.
Would like to put in higher and takeout lower...

Any wood reports???

Sunday night? or Monday night? This wouldn't last...

Anyone ever run Elephant Rock down??? am I dreaming???

boulder, boulder creek