Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Whitewater Boating > Whitewater Kayaking

Old 05-01-2012   #1
Ed Willis
Leadville, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2011
Anyone looking for someone to paddle the Arkansas with??

Whats goin on?? My names Ed most call me E.J, this is my 2nd season paddaling, I started last fall renting a kayak from Colorado Mountain College in Leadville,Co I paddle almost all the sections of river from Railroad to Salida (only in low water) but I paddled about 2 dozens times before I realized I was hooked, I then spent and invested all my money into getting a boat and gear and its the best purchase Ive ever made (even though I'm damn near broke now). It is my second season and Id say Ive progressed well into the sport for it being my second season. Though Ive ran small class IV's my comfort zone for now is technical class III's like The Narrows section. Ive been having trouble finding a buddy to paddle with, a mentor on the river would be awesome!

edwillis27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012   #2
Salida, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1997
i'll be in salida for a couple more weeks and will paddle with you. tomorrow? numbers? / narrows? after that i move down to canon for summer and if you want to head that far south i am happy to go in the evenings, royal gorge / big horn sheep

salsasean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012   #3
Buena Vista, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
Hit me up EJ. Live in BV, try and boat as much as possible, and spend my river time running III-IV. What kind of schedule do you have? I work Mon-Fri, but regularly get off early enough to paddle after work during the week. I was considering getting out there this Thursday and Friday...

719-229-9333 (texts are usually best)
GARNA’s mission is to foster stewardship of the resources of the greater Arkansas River region through education, volunteerism and experiences. https://garna.org
lmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012   #4
Ed Willis
Leadville, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2011
right on, well i most likely can not paddle tomorrow, I have to begin a ACA course for the next two days (depending on the availability of the canoe we're borrowing). Starting on the 4th I have an open schedule until the 8th, so in those 4 days I can paddle whatever times. Even if that means everyday.

I would run numbers I do not have much experience on that section, and was told to only run it with someone who knows the section well because of the technicalitly of numbers at low water, Narrows has been what Ive been running the most and nothing in that sections giving me troubles.

I'll be more than happy to paddle with either one of you guys though.

My number is 219-789-6615 (text are best as well)
edwillis27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012   #5
Salida, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1997
I will send you a text if I am here on Thursday, might be in Durango though.
salsasean is offline   Reply With Quote

ark, arkansas