Old 06-26-2007   #1
anyone else think the Avon WW parks sucks?

I do and I've padlled/watched it at almost every flow so far this year

BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007   #2
, Colorado
Is there even water in that neck of the jungle? I always thought the whole Vail Valley area was so full of Gaper sediment that all their water was immediately diverted to the front range in order to avoid Gape Contamination...a very serious water parasite known to cause Jesture hats with bells and one piece pink and black snow suits to permanently attach themselves to all who come within a 10 mile radius (rare occurrences of one piece Purple and Pink snowsuits, Cowboy Hats, and Fuzzy baby blue knee high boots have also been reported on both male and female patients). I remember in 1992 when Regiment 23 from the Salvation Army had to dig massive ditches to catch all the snowmelt and divert it towards the South Platte before it reached the watershed. They lost four members to the parasite after their anti-gape suits were torn by nearby brush, and Denver Health had to quarantine them as soon as they returned in order to keep this nasty, nasty thing from spreading to the rest of the cool FR community. Unfortunately, Denver Health gave them too much AGFRCS (Anti-Gape-FR-Coolness Serum), and they turned into Californians…never to be seen again. The Salvation Army has been trying to track them down ever since. They had a couple solid leads that led to the suspicion of Justin Timberlake being one of them, but they could never prove such a mutated being used to be a valiant soldier in the Salvation Army.

Anyway, be careful out there…don’t forget your AGFRCS shots and by all means, stay out of that creek.

IkayakNboard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007   #3
you are a tool.......

but, in any case, the avon ww park still sucks
BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007   #4
Englewood, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1978
"It sure does suck..."

Actually, I've never paddled the Eagle below the Dowd takeout, but I couldn't resist the opportunity.
Join up, suckas.

"People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid."
- Soren Kierkegaard
Caspian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007   #5
Any paddler knows it take a few years of experimentation to create the right feature. look at all the parks and they did not happen overnight. Give it 2 years and it will be fine
ikayakandboard. You are an ass and you just proved it. Keep your shit home wherever you are and your stupid immature uneducated comments up your ass where they belong Better to be thought an ass than open your mouth and prove it
bshack93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007   #6
, Colorado
Wow. I am sorry for offending anyone who lives in the Vail Valley. It was just a joke meant to be at your tourists' expense, not your's. I am sorry, and will attempt to restrain myself from going near a computer after consuming massive amounts of rum in the future. I seriously didn't mean anything by it.

IkayakNboard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007   #7
Edwards, Colorado
The Avon park is not the easiest park in the world to play in but the town of Avon has allocated money to fix it when the water goes down.

Let's just keep our fingers crossed and see what happens next year. Even the Salida holes took a couple of years to get dialed in.
outdoormikeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007   #8
KVBA TV8 Vail weatherman/Colorado Kayaker, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1992
Send a message via MSN to hobie
The park is still being worked on. Most parks take a bit of tweaking before they are perfect. Also consider there were several restrictions in place that may have made the features more challenging to create. I look forward to seeing what happens when they make the corrections. It is a good location and the improvments should make the area even nicer.

hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007   #9
IkayakNboard- don't apologize!!!!! I thought it was hilarious, and anybody that cannot take a joke is a tool, not you my friend....except you apologized and that made it not as funny. Now I am offended, see what you started? Dammit!
howlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007   #10
nowhere, Colorado
iKAYAK: no need for apologies I too though it was funny, some people are way too serious and show their true colors as much as they claim you did.

tress33 is offline   Reply With Quote