Old 04-30-2007   #1
Any OC-1ers on here?

I'll be coming back to the Front Range in a few weeks and am looking for an OC-1 boat and instruction. Any volunteers or recomendation? Tried my buddies C1 at the pool and didn't like the suicide straps. I'm a dumb-rubber head and am looking to get in a hard boat that I feel comfortable in.

if i'd known it was gonna be that kinda party...
oopsiflipped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007   #2
The 3 Zero 3, Colorado
Sup man,

OC and Cboater here. There is a small krew of us that run together. PM me and we'll be in touch. Just replied to your post.

C_Boater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007   #3
Gnarnia, Colorado
I paddle a Dagger Caption with a tripple saddle and am always looking for skiled tandem partners for the Poudre. If you're up for paddling tandem, send me a pm.

It was a lot easier to find people who wanted to canoe back I'm glad to know there are a few of us out here!
JBL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007   #4
Snowmass Village, Colorado
I'm actually trying to learn. I've done some tandem, but am new at the whole solo concept. Does anyone have suggestions on how to get started? I have all the necessary gear (including boat), but am currently just following kayakers down the river, trying to figure things out.
stinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007   #5
Brighton, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1986
I would contact the RockyMountain Canoe Club. They do instruction of all kinds. I took a private lesson with Bob Stecker and I learned alot. Their site is: I too am a beginner OC 1 boater and my husband wants to learn to paddle too. I have 3 oc1s, so if you would like to meet maybe you could paddle one of my boats. (I can only carry 2 boats though on my car) I have a Dagger Ovation, an Ocoee and a Mohawk Rodeo. (Yes, I know the Ocoee and Rodeo ae not beginner boats, but that is what I have.) Each boat is fully outfitted with pedestals and thigh straps. Maybe We could meet up with some of you. I would also like to meet more women open boaters so bring your wives/girlfriends.
whitewaterdancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007   #6
I too am newer to open boating. Wondering if anyone is going to be up on the Ark for FIBARK? My friend and I are going to paddle from Hecla to Stone bridge on thursday and friday. Anyone want to meet up? If not, can meet anytime during the week too. Thanks

madriver is offline   Reply With Quote