Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Whitewater Boating > Whitewater Kayaking

Old 06-14-2006   #1
Lakewood, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1993
Any dog lovers making a trip to the east coast?

About six months ago I moved from Colorado to Upstate New York for work, and left my faithful dog Haku with my mom. I wasn't sure what kind of hours or what my living situation was going to be, so I decided that leaving him in Colorado for a time was the best thing.

Now, I have settled in and know the routine, and want to bring him out to live here, but getting him here is hard. I definetly don't have time to drive out to Colorado and back, and I am reluctant to fly him out here either, so I figured I'd come on to the Buzz and ask my fellow boaters if they might be willing to help out.

Haku is a well behaved and quiet, largish Golden Retriever sized dog that is really friendly. All he would need would be food and water, a bit of space in your car/truck, and to get out and run around on occasion. I'd give you some money to help with gas costs and for doing me this great favor(somethin like a hundred bucks or two is what I was thinking). I could arrange to have you pick him up anywhere between Vail and the front range. I could pick him up anywhere within a days or so drive of New York, which means PA, WV, Ohio, MD, Virginia, or anywhere in New England.

Please let me know if you might be willing to help me out in this. Shoot me an e-mail at BudgesT@hotmail.com or just post on here with any questions or offers of help. I figure someone out there has to be making a trip out to the east coast in the next month for some boating or something. Thanks so much in advance for helping get my buddy out here. Hehee.....now the hard part begins with getting him out of the clutches of my mom, who to say the least is rather attached.

Josh H.
Electric-Mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote