Old 08-16-2006   #21
Send a message via MSN to Rushis Right
BenPetri wrote:
you could give him the address of the Whitehouse, and tell him to make his cashiers check payable to "Dubya." Of course, the present occupants of the Whitehouse might also be dumb enough to try cashing it.

Really that is hilarious, I mean of course theyre idiots. That is not completely off topic nor troll like in anyway.

Such a long long time to be gone and a short time to be there..... GD
Rushis Right is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006   #22
Metro Area, Colorado
I thought it was funny...

Hey Rush, would sure love to know what your "other" mtn. buzz screen name is....

cecil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006   #23
Re: Jerry thomas>

Originally Posted by Driftwood
Maybe mountainbuzz can add another forum listing warning its members about gear scammers like it does with boating hazzards.
If you've seen one of these scams, you've seen 'em all. You'll easily spot them now.
cutthroat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006   #24
Shit Creek, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
I just met up with Jerry the scam artist. He tried to buy my skis I recently posted. I told him his plan seemed a bit too complex and to send me $20 over the price and I would ship to him if he would provide the address. Havent heard backfrom the little bastard yet. If I ever run into him, I will give him an appendectomy with ski pole (powda basket and all!). Good luck avoiding this jackass everyone! 32 days till snowmaking!!!
Speak of Peace, (but carry a big gun)
powdahound76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006   #25
Jerry Thomas is a SCAM!!!!!

Yup, just got the same message fro Jerry. He's still out there using the same email address. Beware of this A$$hole!!
cclliimmbbeerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006   #26
steamboat springs, Colorado
Paddling Since: 93
i don't quite understand what this guy is trying to do. is he sending out bogus checks for your boat and then arranging to pick up the boat before you try to cash the check?
rhm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006   #27
Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
Thescam is to pay more than the asking price with a bogus check and then collect the balance. Aparently it can tqke severql weeks for q fqke cashiers check to be found as such. After giving up the differrence, the scammed one is then liable to their bank for the entire amount.
Dave Frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006   #28
Golden, Colorado
He sends you a cashiers check for more than the asking price to "cover shipping". He then asks you to write a check to his shipper for the excess amount. People assume (incorrectly) that cashiers checks are guaranteed funds. They're not. They just guarantee that the payee had the funds in their account at the time the check was made. If they then withdraw the funds, the check can still bounce. By that time, suckers have already sent a check to the shipper for the excess amount assuming that they had the money in the bank.
blutzski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006   #29
I'm wrong 50% of the time
RFV, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1977
I came across this ages ago...but seems appropriate to post in this topic. This Scam is popular with lots of items, us, snowmobiles and Horses.

Anyway this lady has a great site on scamming the scammer. Some of them are just priceless!

brendodendo is offline   Reply With Quote