Old 03-08-2007   #11
Fort Collins, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2003
Send a message via Yahoo to jeffy

I'll take you up on that for sure. PM me your number or email it to me. I may be working in Longmont the next week so that could work. How much volume is the 4fun? It still seems like my best option.

I know what you mean. Kinda sucks. I'm trying to drop some weight for the specific reason of getting into a smaller boat. I paddled with a guy on the Poudre in the afternoons last year that had a air 55. I'll try his as well.

jeffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007   #12
I wasn't really saying the Air 55 is that great of a boat... just simply remarking about how different boats have totally different fits.

I liked the Air and all but I think that some of the newer designs are much better. If I could fit into a project 52 thats what I would be in.

Now the Fluid boats are somewhat foriegn to me. We don't have any dealers out here that I know of and so it is not a common boat to see on the river. If they have a mid volume design that fits big guys ... well I'm all ears because I am sick of 60+ gallon playboats

theprofessor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007   #13
Agent 6.4

6'4 210 13 ft. Been paddling the new Agent 6.4, SUPER comfy. the nobs on my feet are finally going down. I dig the agent, I have another friend who likes his 420. I'd try them both out. my 2c. charlie c.
caliproduct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007   #14
Been in the 420 ... me no likey... The extra 2 sizes make a big difference...

Oh yea last sept, I broke my big toe in 3 places, that was when I got the project, because my air didn't fit anymore

The ole toe has never been the same since....

The agent I have heard good and bad things about, but I have not been in one yet. I think that might be my next one to try. How many gallons is the Agent 6.4?
theprofessor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007   #15
check out the fluid spice

You might want to hop in a fluid spice...more a throwback riverrunner not in my mind intended for throwdown sessions but great for downriver and catch on the fly. I just paddled a nice 3/4 section yesterday in it and had a good time squirting and surfing. I can't throw it down but think by definition a riverrunner should be almost impossible to throw down if you want it for any harder river running...also it is really fast on the river and on a wave. Comfortable too with plenty of foot room.
I've actually self supported (very lightweight) overnight trip on the lower Tuolomne and thought it was perfect. I weigh around 200 and am 6 foot with 11 feet so I'm a bit downsized from you...I actually can wear shoes in the boat though!
Anyway worth checking out the Spice for sure!

speicher is offline   Reply With Quote