Old 05-17-2005   #1
an odd request...

well this is an unlikely request to be fulfilled, but I thought the least I could do was ask. please take no offense, and if you're not inclined, great, just don't rip me a new one, eh?

so I'm doing the middle fork of the salmon on may 28th, large group of twenty, seven rafts and three kayakers. my first long trip.

I have an old disco that was pinned, has a crack in the top of the stern about an inch and a half (Roy, if you're reading this, I have your boat! ). It's been shored up with a bulkhead, and can support my full 150 lbs standing and bouncing on it without opening the crack. I drilled the ends, and taped the inside, so it's actually more dry than any of my boats to date! I put a new (old stock) prijon rodeo seat in it and it feels pretty solid. Did waterton sunday with no issues, and even threw myself back into vertical blender multiple times with no boat problems (personal paddling skills excluded!) I also typically paddle a dominatrix, but it is too much of a playboat to perform well for me in rescue situations, etc...

however, I feel less than secure taking it on such a remote and lengthy trip in it's current condition. I planned to use it on day creek trips, but for this trip it seems the best boat style. I need a "big water boat" that is still fun, as I can occasionally do squirts and such, and I really like the riot feel, so would like to stay with that.

so my question, to those of you still with me, does anyone have a boat that I could "rent" for cheap or borrow for the trip May 26th til ~June 5th? I would take full responsibility for replacement if it were lost or damaged, I just don't see the point in buying a new boat just for this trip.

well there ya have it. it's a delicate issue I know, but I thought I would put it out there on the off chance anyone would go for such a lunatic plan. Thank you for your patience in reading this, and happy paddling!!!

redbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005   #2
Ski Patrol
You can buy my disco for 250$
It is in good shape!

Mike Hagadorn
970 547 8124

A wise man once said "You Play You Pay"
DeLiSh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005   #3
what a great bunch of people, thanks for all the replies, and I now have a Disco to run the salmon in that will be up to the task of rescue and fun!! many blessings upon you!

now everyone go out and buy some Bliss-Stick boats, make your local reps look good!!!!
redbeard is offline   Reply With Quote