Old 04-11-2007   #11
Too little too late. Conor doesnt care. He is trying to practice damage control. I know these KIDS, who are the ages of adults, but lack the maturity to really act like an adult. I hope they grow up, which , as we know is not easy.
Props to Hobie....Punks are punks. If it is shit, it will stink..

bshack93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007   #12
It's kinda funny how little things you were taught growing up can be so clear in life's lessons. The old Golden Rule is very appropriate for these youngsters to learn......"Do unto others as you would have them do unto you". If you want others to respect you, then you have to show respect to them. Shooting guns in a campground is NOT respectful to others.....period. No ands ifs or buts. It's that simple.

tomcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007   #13
Hard to tell if it is a sincere apology or damage control after being caught using an alias.
Remember, what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas. Except for herpes. That shit'll come back with you.
The Hangover
cw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007   #14
For the record

Both Conner and Alex have apologized to me personally off the buzz. I appreciate that and I believe they are sincere. As others have stated, when you fuck up all you can do is apologize, make reparations, and hopefully learn from your experience. I hope everyone can let it go. I have.

elwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007   #15
Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1993
Hang in there!

Mistakes do happen, its part of the human condition. I applaud you for your acknowledgement and ownership. Its sure seems easy for others on this site to be wayyy to critical and harsh even when a man is on his knees in apology(ruthless & heartless). I guess thats just what happens due to a certain amount of anonymity being online. That dog has been beat enough....You guys have obvious talent, this will pass, keep that going!

On April 22nd again, we are having a River clean up on the south platte and would love to see western slope and front range paddlers out here(denver). This is my hometown river but the benefits befall to us all! Take care see you all out there!
Kendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007   #16
Eagle, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1997
If the buzz forum was a mommy and daddy...

...would we -
A) cut the placenta
B) have make-up sex
C) see a shrink
D) Take a photo of the boy to serve as a momento of the day he became a man

Seriously, where else is a flippin recreational e-furum so damn powerful? Yeah, I know, it's because paddling is a way of life.

Good on you, Mountain Buzz.
"Dying ain't much of a livin" - The Outlaw Josse Whales
cokayakn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007   #17

I'm glad to hear these guys apologized. I'm going this weekend and I was not looking forward to seeing anyone who was involved there.

Let's forgive, let's paddle, let's party and let's leave the guns at home or shot somewhere reasonaly far.

Also, lets avoid gossiping and being overall butt-hurt up there this weekend. I'm ready to fire it up!

GunnyPaddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007   #18
Golden, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1998
I am new to the boating community out here, and this was a weird introduction. It sounds like everything is resolved. The one thing that bothered me was the homophobic current going through the posts, and it was really coming from both sides. I don't think it was meant to be hurtful, but I am sure some people were hurt by it. Hopefully this community can be open to everyone who wants to boat or waste a day reading posts about people we don't know.
aschmidt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007   #19
Jackson, Wyoming
Paddling Since: 94
Send a message via Yahoo to Gary E

Glad to read your post Conner. I got to paddle with you on the worst day of my life. We shared a very personal day together. Knowing this, it bothered me that this is what you had become. I remember a kid that was solid and very humble with a paddling ability that was impressive. Glad you came back. Cannot wait to see you and say hello as the last time we talked was June 8th 2002.

You'll get through this and be a better man, as we all get our asses kicked at one time or another on this site. I know I've had my share.

As for the front range and west slope. Loosen up your panties people. If you think Conner, Alex or any other great paddlers don't know whats up everywhere in Colorado, you're greatly mistaken. I mean you folks wanted to kill Max (aka chunderboy) until you realized he was pushing buttons on egos and weakness. Their are great paddlers EVERYWHERE. Lighten up, it started as a joke and now you people take it literally.

As for Larsen, what the hell have you been up too, brotha?

Choad, I'll take the cali section of NSV along with the mank to get there over any run in colorado. You guys don't have the embudo so I guess you need to hush. Keep your mile runs, I stomp them in under 20 minutes.

Parting shot from the late great Paul Zirkelbach "no matter how crazy/good you think you are, look around. The competition is staggering" Words to kayak by from a legendary and very humble old fart. Miss the hell out of that laugh and scary blue eyes. Wish you would have got to spend more time with him conner, you would have loved him, Classic!
Gary E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007   #20

An applogy for guns and booze. Please! Whats wrong with having a little fun. Nobody was shot? Damn, thats all it take to make ya'al cowboys sing like bitches. I thought colo. was part of texas. Did a bunch of god danm hippies takeover. Dry them eyes up. I coming from ark. next month to paddle and I dont want no Hippie beat nik tellin me how to have fun. Peace wes

wes martin is offline   Reply With Quote