For More information check out:
Here's how it works:
Cataract Canyon is a 95 Mile section of the Colorado River between Potash and Lake Powell (Hite Marina). I'm betting that I'll be able to do this section in under 20 Hours. On the 24th of July I plan to leave Potash at 3am and arrive at Hite before 11pm.
Here's the deal:
If I don't make it in time I'll donated $10 in your name to American Whitewater.
If I make it within the allotted time then you have to donate $10 to American Whitewater.
Reasons why you should play along.
1. Either way American Whitewater will benefit. Thus we all benefit.
2. I've never done this section so I honestly have no idea if this is possible or not.
3. If I don't make it you effortlessly donate money to AW and it costs you nothing.
4. The longest distance I've ever paddled in 1 Day is about 45 miles or so...this would be over twice that.
$10 Donation Commitments Thus Far:
1. Tiff Simpson
2. Joe Carroll
3. Dave Kloberdanz
4. Conor Ross
5. Paul Gamache (I'm even betting I won't be able to do it.)
6. Robbie Ringer
7. Drew Oldfield
8. Ryan Hastreiter
Total so far: $80
If you would like to be added to the list and commit to donating $10 in the event I am successful please email me at Paulgamache@gmail.com
Please include your full name and a phone number or contact.
If I am able to complete the challenge you will obligated to donated $10 to American Whitewater.
Directions on Donating:
Click the link below-
American Whitewater Challenge
You'll have to select the $1 bubble.
Next add something in the comment like "AW Cataract Bet" or something so we can see how much total money has been donated from this challenge.
Click the Agree Box.
After that click on the quantity button and change the amount to 10.
Click Add to Cart
After that click checkout and follow the instructions. You may need to create an American Whitewater account if you have never done so.
Thanks for helping out.