Old 12-19-2012   #11
travelling, around
Paddling Since: 83
"And cold- your response isn't really enticing, bad pr for the group. "

yes, you're right, lhowemt. too much derision over the years has lead to that sort of knee jerk response.

cold77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012   #12
Up North, Oregon
Paddling Since: 1985
Originally Posted by lhowemt View Post
Wow shapp, lots of hate there. And cold- your response isn't really enticing, bad pr for the group. Perhaps people aren't aware of the significant permit controversy pack rafters are working with in the grand canyon, but I'm guessing your group's charge is going to be quite different from AW.
if you can't tell hate from sarcasim, I can't help you

shappattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012   #13
Wheat Ridge, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
Originally Posted by shappattack View Post
You're right, Shap.

It was hard to tell hate from the sarcasm because of all the self-righteousness, intolerance, and homophobia getting in the way.

Cut the guy some slack. I'd bet he's not even the same one who needed rescue in the GC, or did any of the other things packrafters have done out of ignorance. Maybe if they get a group together, it'll help regular boaters to educate them more easily.

It's not like rafters, kayakers, or any other group of river users is made up 100% of intelligent, well-meaning folks that do everything right the first and every time. This guy's reaching out to the whitewater boating community and all you want to do is give him a load of crap.

Maybe our interests and the APA's interests overlap in some critical areas.

Nothing in the world is more yielding and gentle than water. Yet it has no equal for conquering the resistant and tough. The flexible can overcome the unbending; the soft can overcome the hard. - Lao Tse
Andy H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012   #14
at my house, Montana
Paddling Since: 2020
Originally Posted by shappattack View Post

I didn't ask for your help... Didn't you follow avatard's link about new fonts for the buzz? Use SARCASTICA when speaking sarcastically dude! It's right below Helvetica and above times-new-roman.
I am a river, babe - I've got plenty of time, I don't know where I'm going, I'm just following the lines..... - "We are water" by Shaye
lhowemt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012   #15
Idaho, Wyoming
Wow, this worked out well. I'm in.

billfish is offline   Reply With Quote