Old 08-04-2009   #1
Jackson Hole, Wyoming
Paddling Since: 2000
Amazing new runs in the Wind's in Wyoming...

Got a chance to get into two sweet little creeks that have been high on the priority list for almost 10 years. The first was the North Fork of the Little Wind, this one is an instant classic, check it out North Fork of the Little Wind

We also did the first D on the South fork of the little wind, no online trip report yet but what we found was better than Bull Lake creek, shorter of course, but better. SUPER smooth and big granite slides, waterfalls, lots of fun slidey class IV and a few hell-fuck portages, guaranteed to be the best multi-day in the wind's if not wyoming, if not the rockies for that matter...

Humbledbywater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009   #2
Bozeman, Montana
Paddling Since: 1999
fing bad ass austin. i want some of that granite. you think it will be going this weekend?

caspermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009   #3
That is awesome! Thanks so much for exploring and sharing what looks to be an incredible run. Can't wait to get up there someday. Good call on the disclaimers and beta at the top of the description.

Would you be willing/able to share flow recommendations and gauge info (if any exist)?
American Whitewater's website and river stewardship projects are funded by paddlers. Please join, renew, or make a donation to help us protect whitewater rivers in Colorado and nationwide.
Meng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009   #4
Jackson Hole, Wyoming
you could try, probaly still runnable but low side of good if I had to guess...if u want more info than the site gives give me a call...307-690-8175...good lines bro
Old 08-04-2009   #5
Jackson Hole, Wyoming
chris, flow info is tough, look for the little wind to be over 500 cfs, and bull lake to also be over 500, no gauges on the run's so it's just ur typical rocky mountain guess, wouldn't wanna try the North fork too high though, the waterfall gorge would close out quick I think...hope this helps but we're still trying to figure it out