Old 03-29-2007   #21
Posting the picture of the spam was not tactful-funny but not tactful. Calling the guy little up front and posting his affiliations or contact info or what ever the hell that was is not tactful. What would have been tactful would have been to pm the guy, call him on BS and give him a day or two to edit his posts. Iím not saying that wasnít done or that process isnít happening as we speak-but thatís not how it played out to the rest of us. Take this with a grain of salt, but practice what you preach. I see a lot of posts from you guys but didnít see administrator anywhere on your or brendodendoís handle. If it was such a big deal to the operators of this site Iím sure they have a protocol for handling it and would have done so.

As for the anonymityÖsomeoneís got to police the police, right?

Thanks for the thick skin-its all good.

Spank McDogal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007   #22
I'm wrong 50% of the time
RFV, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1977
let me get this straight. I was slightly out of line when I outed (incorrectly) BOb G. I have tried to make peace with an email and a pm. Sure, i am untraditional on the body board and yes, i am promoting it as alternative river travel. I actually just got into the down river aspect of it last year. I have rafted for 10 plus years and was a dedicated kayaker for a couple of them, before i scarred the shit out of myself by getting in to some real trouble.

That said, All I was trying to do was figure out exactly what the motivation was behind a couple of inconsistent posts. I am glad to see that sam will continue to post in our community. I know first hand that alternative river travelers are looked at in strage ways by the kayaking community. reference:

I love everbody that I meet on the river. from Gnarley tubers and IK'ers to sledgers, rafters and kayakers. I see nothing wrong with how anybody decides to recreate on the river as long as it is done with safety in mind.

I hope that those involved in this discussion will post with conciousness in the future (including myself)

Peace and see ya on the river.

Ps. edits are not allowed after 15 minutes or my outing post would have been modified.

Claimer: Someone that makes a claim that they have been there and done that, can do anything you can do better than you. I hate "claimers"
brendodendo is offline   Reply With Quote