Old 04-26-2005   #1
Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1999

It's time to step up the ante and put your balls on the line for the creek race of the year!!

Here's the format.

It's a timed race from the Brains to the Cauldron. These times are then put into a sort of poll position for the finals. Only a certain amount will advance into the finals. It will depend on the turn out.

The finals are going to be a Head to Head race down the Cauldron Rapid. There will be heats of 3 until we have the final 3 paddlers charging down this epic rapid for the prize money.

As of right now, this race will be grass roots. Every paddler will enter an entry fee into a pool and the winner will take all!!

We are still working on the final there will be more soon.

If you have questions contact me

Mark Olson

marko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005   #2
Sounds awesome! Just wondering, what's up with that house at Paralyzer? Is it a permanent residence or vacation home and in either case, are the people cool with paddlers running around the banks to scout, run safety, and shoot pictures/video?

deepstroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005   #3
The next zone, .
The couple that lives at the paralyzer is super cool and they are there most of the time. They have even taken pics of us then sent them to me after they got them developed!

We are on their land at the bottom of the paralyzer and the portage of kiss me requires a walk right through their driveway and back yard.

I believe that Marco has talked with them and they are cool with the race.
It is sooooooooo nice to have cool land owners
Jahve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005   #4
Yeah, Marko talked to the owners, and they actually sound happy to have the race there. It's going to be a blast. Some people are going to get beatdown, which means it will be a great spectater event.

More details to come.
Kyle McCutchen
Cutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005   #5
Geologist, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1991
When is this race??
jonny water is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005   #6
Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1999
It looks like it will be either the first or second weekend of July. It will definitely be a weekend. I will make sure to post when we have finalized the dates. Plan on July 8th...but it could go a week earlier or later than this.

The owners of the house at the Paralyzer are super cool. They absolutely love watching kayakers come down this rapid. If you see them when scouting or portaging make sure to THANK THEM!!!!
marko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005   #7
Charc in = charc out
Seattle, Washington
Paddling Since: 1992
Mark ... nice job putting this together. have you been up to look at LC lately? i thought i heard that they might be filling up twin lakes & that there was some water in the creek recently. what's the deal?

hopefully i'll be free on whichever weekend you choose for the race .. although i gotta say ... i'm skeeeert! head-to-head-to-head finals is going to be insane!
ToddG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005   #8
The next zone, .
Marco -

I want you to spend 5 - $1 bills for me- "OH Gosh NO"

Jahve is offline   Reply With Quote