Mountain Buzz banner

ALL YOU CREEK BOATERS....LAKE CREEK RACE!!!

3K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Jahve 
#1 ·
It's time to step up the ante and put your balls on the line for the creek race of the year!!

Here's the format.

It's a timed race from the Brains to the Cauldron. These times are then put into a sort of poll position for the finals. Only a certain amount will advance into the finals. It will depend on the turn out.

The finals are going to be a Head to Head race down the Cauldron Rapid. There will be heats of 3 until we have the final 3 paddlers charging down this epic rapid for the prize money.

As of right now, this race will be grass roots. Every paddler will enter an entry fee into a pool and the winner will take all!!

We are still working on the final details...so there will be more soon.

If you have questions contact me markpaddles@hotmail.com

Thanks
Mark Olson

See less See more
#3 ·
The couple that lives at the paralyzer is super cool and they are there most of the time. They have even taken pics of us then sent them to me after they got them developed!

We are on their land at the bottom of the paralyzer and the portage of kiss me requires a walk right through their driveway and back yard.

I believe that Marco has talked with them and they are cool with the race.
It is sooooooooo nice to have cool land owners
!

#6 ·
It looks like it will be either the first or second weekend of July. It will definitely be a weekend. I will make sure to post when we have finalized the dates. Plan on July 8th...but it could go a week earlier or later than this.

The owners of the house at the Paralyzer are super cool. They absolutely love watching kayakers come down this rapid. If you see them when scouting or portaging make sure to THANK THEM!!!!

#7 ·
Mark ... nice job putting this together. have you been up to look at LC lately? i thought i heard that they might be filling up twin lakes & that there was some water in the creek recently. what's the deal?

hopefully i'll be free on whichever weekend you choose for the race .. although i gotta say ... i'm skeeeert! head-to-head-to-head finals is going to be insane!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.