Old 04-03-2007   #1
Agent Fit??

I am 6' 190 with size 13 feet and I saw it mentioned that with a little modifing someone managed to fit someone who was 6'4" in the Agent 6.2 but it wasnt mentioned about their shoe size. Can anyone shed some light on this sizing? I know weight wise I should go with the 6.4 but I am used to fitting in my necky switch and my friends Astro 55 so when I uprgaded to the Project 62 I felt like I was swimming in it and sorta the same situation with the 6.4. Any help would be good

J72186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007   #2
im 6'1" maybe 2" and have pretty long legs and got the 6.4 because i didnt want to scoot the seat back and it was really comfy. my feet were pretty cramped in the 6.2

hanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007   #3
KVBA TV8 Vail weatherman/Colorado Kayaker, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1992
Send a message via MSN to hobie
I am 6'4 with 12 feet, 32+ inseam. I have room to spare. You do have a bit bigger foot but I believe you should be fine. We have had bigger paddlers then that in the 6.4 and all I have heard from eveyone is how comfortable it is. We set out to make it as roomy as possible without giving up performance. As always, demo. I have also heard the new large Jackson player should have some wiggle room too. I think they are available in a month or so. Im sure Marty could answer that. As always demo. No one can tell you what boat is best, all I can just say is we have a darn comfortable ride that plays and river runs well. Give it a try. If you need help finding a demo let me know.

Dagger Kayaks
hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007   #4
The Agent 6.2

I was more or less asking about the Agent 6.2 however, I saw a post of a gent who modified the front pillar and fit someone who was 6'5" or 6'4" in it no problem but he didn't mention the guys shoe size (I would imagine big) I am just used to a tigher fit and I demoed the Agent 6.4 and I get the same feeling as with my Project 62, I swim in it so I was looking for at the smaller one.
J72186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007   #5
Edwards, Colorado
I too am 6' between 180 and 190 lbs and have a 32" inseam but only have a 11 shoe and I fit in the 6.2 pretty well. I have not paddled it on the water yet though.

What I am wondering is will there be enough volume in the 6.2 (50 gallons) for me in that boat to not only loop well but also run bigger water (Down Chute at higher flows, Numbers at higher flows). I am currently paddling a ZG54 and like the size of that boat. I paddled an Ronin 59 and it felt a bit big.

Yes I know that paddling the boat will tell me a ton but I would like to hear what Hobie theoretically has to say about it. Nothing is really running here in Avon, CO so getting the boat on the water will be a bit harder.

outdoormikeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007   #6
KVBA TV8 Vail weatherman/Colorado Kayaker, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1992
Send a message via MSN to hobie
Sorry. I read 64 and my mind went 6.4. The Agent comes in 6.0, 6.2, and 6.4. As for the way the 6.2 will handle at your size? It will be very, very easy to throw around and will still surf well on waves. Where it will lag a bit is in higher water river running. The added volume of the 6.4 would make it more stable front to back. And yes, the 6.4 will loop bigger. More volume = more pop. Im sure it will work well for you; just running say the numbers at high water (example) will be a little more challenging. But for playing it will chop up the spots with ease.

hobie is offline   Reply With Quote