Old 10-04-2009   #1
Durango, Colorado
Paddling Since: 06
A much, MUCH faster way to see these canyons

This is nucking futs...

more info on a new fad way better than sup's

I've never boated before, but I have posted a lot on Mountain Buzz!
rg5hole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009   #2
Prescott, Arizona
Paddling Since: 2008
That's not only insane, but incredibly annoying... (although the big air had me glued to the monitor.) Do they close the river for events or even practice? Can you imagine some rafter getting decapitated by a jet boat? I sense some legislation to limit these menaces...

Still, I watched both in their entirety.

rising.sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009   #3
Frisco, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1998
adm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009   #4
Snowmass Village, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2007
just pulled my jetboat out of the garage last week, just starting to modify it for the 2010 jetboat freestyle championships...... working on my double airscrew combo.

almost got it.
ItsMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009   #5
at my house, Montana
Paddling Since: 2020
I'm no motorhead, but can appreciate skill when I see it. check this out, it was on the SF Payette. It generated LOTs of discussion on the Idaho whitewater group, as I'm sure you can imagine after you see it.

I am a river, babe - I've got plenty of time, I don't know where I'm going, I'm just following the lines..... - "We are water" by Shaye
lhowemt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009   #6
Arkansas during the off-season Nomadic during the summers! :), Arkansas & Colorado
Paddling Since: 2006
You know, before I started kayaking I never would have seen an issue with this. In the 1st or 2nd video it showed an upside down boat...who is responsible and how do they clean up possible fuel spills??
I guess if they run bridges or FP on the Poudre and dump I can't see too much of a problem since it alot less than the road truck dump.

The 3rd video was the best although the guy yelling the gorge was as wide as the boat then looking back to see it was 3 times as wide as the 2nd boat. It kind of seems like these are boat racers crossing over into whitewater....not that there was a claer shot but the PFDs did not look like they were WW rated?

Also kind of looks like the rock crawlers...which does look cool but it seems like alot of money for something as .02.
gannon_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009   #7
thornton, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1969
Five shots of JD and those vidoes made my night. Thanks
raymo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009   #8
Littleton, Colorado
Paddling Since: 98
How would you like to be rowing through one of those rapids when these douchebags come screaming around the corner? These kindsa things are precisely why I keep the P-14 in the pelican case.
slavetotheflyrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009   #9
I'm right 50% of the time
Paddling Since: 1977
Why is it that because these guys don't recreate the same way "you" do, they automatically become douchbags? Live and let live. I see the pollution problem, but come on. That third video defiantly had balls and skill. Credit where credit is due.
Claimer: Someone that makes a claim that they have been there and done that, can do anything you can do better than you. I hate "claimers"
brendodendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009   #10
Spits Hot Fire
N. Cascades, Washington
Originally Posted by lhowemt View Post
I'm no motorhead, but can appreciate skill when I see it. check this out, it was on the SF Payette. It generated LOTs of discussion on the Idaho whitewater group, as I'm sure you can imagine after you see it.
DAMN! The was the canyon run correct,Big and Little Falls at higher water? That was nutty as hell!

Here's a pic from the Main over the summer. This is Hanz or Heinz?? The guy who took over Buckskin Bills place down in the canyon with his wife.

He's got a very cool story. He and the wife were riding horses from Mexico to Canada through the Rockies but they wouldn't allow the horses into Canada. They turned back and ended up having to spend the winter down in the Canyon on the Salmon River in a teepee. They ended up stayin for a few years then more permanently when they took over buckskin's. He said he'd been living down there for 20some years.

He pulled in to chat with us after seeing a creature craft someone in our party had. Stayed for a while and enjoyed some cold ones and told us all about the boats and life down there. Very cool.

Seems like folks up there can appreciate all type's of crafts. I can appreciate the history they have on the Main, didn't really mind sharing the river with them. It was cool to watch at higher water. Dont know if i'd want the same experience on the Grand. Hearing those motors roar around a bend almost made me shit myself everytime.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2009 kayaking 465.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	511.8 KB
ID:	2002  

FLOWTORCH is offline   Reply With Quote