Old 06-24-2009   #11
Steamboat, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
I am a woman and I met my man boating. We have been together for awhile now and we kill it on the river together every night and weekend. Couples creeking is pretty intense sometimes though, so just be sure you want to share all that with somebody you might be in love with someday... it makes it a little more complicated. Class V dating scene for sure.

conmihupa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009   #12
Eagle, Idaho
Paddling Since: '78
I found my boater took 12 years, a few beers offered here and there over the years.....first saw her (met her) four seasons ago at the play park but never had the "right" opportunity to ask her out....always too many dudes around and honestly only saw her two more times in 3 yrs. Sure wish I would have TAKEN the opportunity when I had the chance.....I never realized it would take 3 yrs. for it to come back around.

I married her about a month ago.

Keep the faith....take every opportunity.

GoodTimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009   #13
Bozeman, Montana
Paddling Since: 1999
i can't beleive this is what the buzz is turning into. some whinny as cry your beer jong forum. the freezer comment was right on. i think theres a section for comments like this on craigslist. better go check it out.
caspermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009   #14
wannabe kayaker
Dayton, Ohio
Paddling Since: 2006
Originally Posted by JHimick View Post
I think itís every single male kayakerís dream to meet a woman on the river.....
Her beautiful smile keeps coming back to me, and each time I tell myself she probably has a boyfriend. And she probably does, but a man can hope. I might change my mind about my chances of meeting a woman on the river. Itís only been seven years; Iíve got plenty more to go.
Just make sure you wouldn't be embarrassed by anything you post on here, maybe she's reading this too....

As a friend of mine once told me when I was nervous about asking a girl out, "just swallow your testicles and do it"

Just make sure you have more in common than kayaking. But sharing something you love is a wonderful thing to have.

When I met my wife she wasn't a kayaker, but she wanted to do it. Our first date was a flatwater paddle. She's gotten into whitewater, but had a couple of bumps last summer that scared her. She still wants to, but we're taking it slow. But sharing a lot of interests is a blessing.
Boilerblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009   #15
Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2004
JH are you 12? Or are you just prepping for a teen romance novel? Once upon a time, a princess was surfing the glorious a-hole... The little farmer boy... Instant best seller.

Some helpful advice. Next time you go to the hole, wear some depends. You don't want to instantly cream your shorts and have that visible when you are handing out a takeout beer to cinderella surfer.

Also, carry some takeout beers in a cooler. If you are looking to booze up chicks at the takeout, come prepared. With your lady skills you might want to add a monster beer bong to the list to sway the odds a bit more in your favor, sounds like you could use a little help.

I would also suggest regular intercourse with the other gender to minimize the "I've been desperate for decades" vibe. Instant turnoff.

Maybe you should ask the moderators to start a dating forum. "In search of human possessing two X chromosomes and a kayak" should do it.

I'll close with some sage words of wisdom. I was sitting in an eddy near the bottom of the big south with a couple of boaters. We were looking upstream watching a boating couple melt down after a hard day on the river (tears, arguements). Wise boater turns to the rest of the group in the eddy and notes "I'm sure glad my wife doesn't boat class V". The group concurred. Anyway, be careful what you wish for. You just might get it.
deepsouthpaddler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009   #16
Self-Aggrandizing jackass
The Ranch, Colorado
Paddling Since: 04
Best out of context line from the OP:

after a while I went down to the A-hole to work my weak sauce
You know, if she reads the Buzz, I do believe you'll hear from her. Your style in posting this was smooth. If that was your strategy all along, to lure out via buzz, I think you might be a smart cookie.
"self-aggrandizing jackass" - it says it right on the label
heliodorus04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009   #17
Eagle County, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2002
I have a boner.
It takes a big man to cry...It takes an even bigger man to laugh at that man.

-Jack Handy
WhiteLightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009   #18
Edwards, Colorado
Maybe admin will move this into Betty Buzz. Maybe she'll be back out there tonight. Get after it, hope it works out.
SBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009   #19
Little Village, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
Poor guy pours out his heart, only to have the Hungry Buzzards eat it....
Uh, I'm just gonna go find a cash machine.
Riparian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009   #20
Bozeman, Montana
Paddling Since: 1999
we like to eat it raw, why let it set?

caspermike is offline   Reply With Quote