Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Whitewater Boating > Whitewater Kayaking

Old 09-10-2007   #1
Boulder, Jackson Kayak, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
Send a message via Skype™ to thecraw
A lesser man would have pulled much earlier...

Well, all in all, one of the best days I have ever had in Gore. Super sunny, great crowd of good buddies, and the highest water for me in there to date...1400 I heard.

I successfully upheld my "Liability" status by swimming after nailing the rock on Tunnel with my head... one guy had two swims Scissors/Tunnel, and then one man held on tight when others would have pulled long before. This video was hilarious to start with, but in the final 10 seconds, things got very f'd up when he didn't surface until about 100 feet beyond Ginger. That biatch had it in for Bruno... He pulls off every trick in the book and was pretty calm for what was a pretty gnarly ride... Good job man!

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather...To skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... WOW !!!! What a ride!!!!!!"
thecraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007   #2
Crawdaddy -
Why you gots to be such a Class IV Boater in such a Class V world?

Liability....so when I boat with you, do I get a waiver I have to sign or anything? (Anyone who was with me for my most recent separation from vessel just shut up - yeah you KID)

BTW - nice calm commentary

twitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007   #3
Mad Scientist/Creeker
I think that guy was talking smack about Leif's mom in the eddy. Apparently, you gotta earn that right.

What is this??? Weenie swim confession hour. Get a grip you two. Swimming does not mean you suck... but confessing to it on the internets without provocation might.
Evan Stafford
Cub boater: "What do the spiders mean?" Old fart boater: "Trust your intuition." CRCII
RiverWrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007   #4
Summit, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1996
Send a message via AIM to COUNT
Dude, he almost stuck that McNasty. I know I wouldn't have hung on that long.
"The world would be a better place if everyone kayaked."-Brad Ludden (Valhalla)
"You only get one chance to run a drop blind."-DD
COUNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007   #5
Jackson, Wyoming
Paddling Since: 94
Send a message via Yahoo to Gary E
god please tell me thats Lutz? I love watching all you front rangers swim.
Gary E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007   #6
Denver, Colorado
Good eye Gary.
"I think I handled my alcohol pretty well considering how drunk I was." -Cousin Dan
Livingston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007   #7

You are more then welcome to watch me swim next time, hell all you bitches are, hell I would be impressed if any of you other bitches even put on in the shit I swim.

frontrangefred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007   #8
Golden, Colorado
Lessons learned:

1. Talking smack about Leif’s mom in the eddy above a drop may be bad river karma – especially when you’ve just been introduced to the guy.

2. If you go for the left-left move at 1400 with the same intensity that you went for it at 1200 a few weeks prior, you’re going to get stuffed.

3. Reviewing video of your botched line at 1400 may make you realize you just got lucky at 1200 a few weeks prior.

4. The first time you look at a hole to assess you’re chances of working you’re way out of it shouldn’t be as you’re getting thrown for a loop in said hole.

5. Kayaking is a poor cardio sport until it comes to beatdowns.

6. The river bottom over the 100 feet downstream of Ginger is very rocky.

7. Surfacing 100 feet downstream of Ginger isn’t the time to wish you would have waited for someone to run the sneak first so you’d at least have a chase boat down stream.

8. Swimming back into the current is the last thing you want to do after going for a hole ride and getting ragdolled along the river bottom, but when Scissors is up next, you don’t get a vote.

9. Hitting the line in Scissors is hard without a boat.

10. No matter how tired and out of breath you are, having Pyrite approaching fast will motive your lazy ass to swim a little harder.

11. The guy driving the railroad truck isn’t fazed by drown-rat kayakers and is fine giving you a ride downstream to chase your gear. He’s just happy to not have to take you to the emergency room like “all the others”.

12. Breakdown paddles with a different offset and shaft bend than your regular paddle are worthless. You might as well just bring hand paddles.

13. Having other “liabilities” in your crew lessens your chances of having to do a bootie beer at the takeout.

14. The Craw should do color commentary for any sport involving hero to zero beatdowns.

15. If Gary E calls after you’ve had your beatdown posted on YouTube, chances are he’s not calling to offer his warmest condolences.

16. Don’t assume you’ve escaped the 2007 year-o-carnage unscathed until the season is actually over.
blutzski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007   #9
Jackson, Wyoming
Paddling Since: 94
Send a message via Yahoo to Gary E
If I recall Fred, last time we paddled, you bought the ice cream. What else is new?

"hell I would be impressed if any of you other bitches even put on in the shit I swim" If you would stay upright longer than your first paddle stroke, you might realize, we did put on the shit you're swimming. Also everything looks bad when all you see is bubbles Fred. Frickin Guppy! You have to be fighting for the most swims of the year.

The front range is sad this year, what the hell happened? How can you people swim in the source, Bear creek at a trickle (yes 300), CC? Man I'm embarrassed to call myself a front ranger. Pink boats, pink helmets, paddles and gear scattered throughout the state with 303 on them. When you have east coast pukes making fun of you, theres a problem; Especially when you're gonna there to paddle class 4. Sadly, I'm scared to hear the aftermath of Gauley fest; Jesus, theres gonna be gear world wide come December.

Mike Mathers would be a millionaire if he set up shop in Boulder.

People that gape it up in 07- Bruno Lutz(weakest,scaredest, left, left line ever), Josh Parker(I'm sure it was ugly), The craw(again?), Fred Z(1st), Dave Frank(fuck it, i'm swimming), Scott Young(I had to drain my boat), Baird M(wtf happened), Alex +2(the rocks came too fast), Gordo(whats a boof stroke), Forrest(i hit that shit with my head), Dave Simo(wtf), Brook A(on like 6yrs now), Dan H, C Ebel(did you see that hole), Jason R(sneakin it), Jared J(crack whore), I'm sure Rasta, Jonathon S(i lost my roll), Yonder Riv, Joe K(total gaper), T boner, Doublet, Livinston, Deepsouth, Storm11(hope you're doing ok, gaper), Realdad, Jesus, this has got to end? Phillips, Cayo2, Pagel(my ass), I know some of you got away.

WTF? Thinks it's time to step back and tone it down for a while. Thank god winter is here, cause this got way out of hand, way too early.

Your biggest fan
Gary E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007   #10
Golden, Colorado
Let's just wait till Forrest and I get up there to Jackson this winter before you assume you're immune from an occasional thrashing.

blutzski is offline   Reply With Quote