Old 11-16-2012   #1
Charlotte, North Carolina
Paddling Since: 2001
A growing instruction resource...

I wanted to send out a pre-launch announcement for a new web series that begins on Monday entitled the "Whitewater Troubleshooter." It's been a pretty long lived goal of mine to film and produce an instructional film and it feels good to be nearly finished and launching this on Monday. I know sneaky right... but I assure you the hype that I promote is worth it. My goal is to maximize the reach of this project and to get as many people to see it as possible. I think there is a lot of worthwhile content that will stir the pot and get folks to think creatively about kayak progressions. The more people I reach, the more likely I can do something like this again.

Check out the site if you would like, I will be posting articles over the next six weeks giving folks a behind the scenes look as well as some thoughts on filmmaking and kayak instruction. Check out the episode schedule below, you might not benefit from all of them, but you may know someone who can. Please share and feel free to start a conversation about the topics as I debut each video, that's the goal! Whitewater Troubleshooter

Episode 1 - Gear - November 19

Episode 2 - Outfitting - November 26

Episode 3 - Stroke Concepts - December 3

Episode 4 - Momentum - December 10

Episode 5 - Strategy - December 17

Episode 6 - Rolling - December 24

Chris Wing
H2o Dreams LLC

h2odreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012   #2
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2010
I dig the Sesame Street/Charlie Brown music!

FastFXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012   #3
Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2003
Awesome, looking forward to it. When I was starting out kayaking I remember devouring all the instructional information on your web page (does it still exist?). I thought it was some of the most thorough and informative online instruction I found at the time.

Just a general comment on the subject, it seems to me that while there are lots of instructional opportunities out there for beginners, there's not much advanced instruction. Also don't see much info about drills and training schedules like most sports have. I'm sure slalom boaters must have those sorts of things.
KSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012   #4
Staghorn Springs, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2011
1) Ditto the music track. Fun and not intrusive.
2) Ditto what KSC says about drills/schedules. Systematic practice, warm-up drills, routines. Looking fwd to the release.
BCxp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012   #5
Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
Kev, that must have ben fun to learn how to paddle on the interweb. Al hadn't invented it yet, back when I learned through trial and error, or I mean by error I guess.

(seven two 0)-298-2242
Dave Frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012   #6
Charlotte, North Carolina
Paddling Since: 2001
Thanks guys for the kind words

I appreciate the kind words gents! The website was hacked last year and now rests at a new URL, H2o Dreams. My aim is to keep my business moving in the direction of a non-profit educational resource in the coming years, so hopefully I can keep contributing content. All the best!

Chris Wing

h2odreams is offline   Reply With Quote