Old 04-23-2006   #1
A crazy idea

Heres a link to our blog about our post CO boating season trip plans. Long story short we are driving south in a school bus. No boating stuff inside yet, just pics of us working on preping the bus for the trip, and details of our trip plans. Also we need some welding done if anyone can provide that service cheaply. Anyway check it out at:

We are basically driving until we run out of money, or the bus breaks down. Later

BrianK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006   #2
do it!

do it now before life gets anymore complicated. check out a book titled "searching for capt. zero". you may pick up a few traveling tips from this guy who drove down to costa rica on a surfing safari looking for an old friend. it was a pretty good read whether you learn anyting or not.
i am looking forward to your adventure.

sage_guide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006   #3
Thought-criminal, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
If you get to mexico bring some cipro. It can take up to a month of shitting your brains out before your gut is colonized. I don't know about you but I didn't have that kind of time.
I hope in the future Americans are thought of as a warlike, vicious people, because I bet a lot of high schools would pick "Americans" as their mascot. -Jack Handy
BastrdSonOfElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006   #4
Englewood, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1978
If you can get your hands on Intetrix, that stuff is amazing. Saved me several times when I lived in the Middle East.
Join up, suckas.

"People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid."
- Soren Kierkegaard
Caspian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006   #5
You've got it all wrong ,for a Central American school bus you're supposed to add more rows of seats so you can fit more passengers and chickens,up to infinity is preferable.
I used to export school buses and vans to Latin America,would have strongly recomended diesel over gas,but gas buses are much cheaper. Get that thing running tip top before you go,there are impressively resourceful mechanics all over Mex./CA , but parts may be hard to find, and take longer than you care for repairs. Hope that thing is not a P-3 not 1 out of about 15 we had made it from Chicago to Miami.
On a positive note your trip sounds awesome,recomendations;hit the coast of Oaxaca,awesome surf around Pto. Escondido and Zimatan and Copalita rivers one your way back south; you will be passing by the Naranjo,Los Esclavos, and other Pac .coast Guatemalan rivers. I don't know how far off route you plan to go but the Copon sounds good,and the Lanquin/Cahabon and Polochic are excellent. The Higuito -Jicatuyo is a 3 day class 4 raft trip in western Honduras{check Omega website}

cayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006   #6
meant p-30

cayo is offline   Reply With Quote