Old 07-17-2008   #1
Photographer, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
A Big Thank You!!!!

I would like to give a Gi-Normous THANK YOU everyone to everyone who participated in the 2nd Annual Pueblo Paddle-A-Thon to benefit First Descents. You guys ROCK! The event, thanks to you, had a 25% increase in the amount raised over last year. We ended up raising more than $5,000 for FD! Woo Hoo!!!!

I would like to thank, (in no particular order): The Pueblo Paddlers, Dagger Kayaks (Ken Hoeve), Palm/MTI, The Edge Ski, Paddle & Pack, NRS, Kokatat, Shred Ready, Snapdragon, WRSI, Docs Pro Plugs, Raft Masters, The Rev. Roger Patrick Dorcy Cancer Center, The Summit Company, Juls Bayci, The Greater Pueblo Chamber of Commerce, Dr. Bill McCanless, and my favorite kayaker in the whole world, Eleanor Perry!

All the praise and the glory goes to God for giving us the desire and the tools to step up and make a difference in this way. I thank Him for each and every person who participated, donated gear, volunteered, and wrote the checks that will help First Descents continue their life-changing camps. You guys are the best!

Watch for the Pueblo Paddle-A-Thon 3 coming July 11, 2009 to the Pueblo Whitewater Park.

"You gotta fight for your right to paddle!"
bkp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008   #2
Eagle, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2007
No....Thank you!

Thanks for doing such a great job organizing this event. I'm glad we could all raise some serious cash. Sorry I didn't get to say good-bye but you were on the river when I left. Will miss you at camp this year.

Queenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008   #3
Photographer, Colorado

It was terrific to see you at the Paddle-A-Thon! Thank you so much for making the trip to Pueblo. I hope that you enjoyed yourself. Please consider yourself welcome here any time. The park can be a blast! Also it was very cool to see folks from the camp make it this year. I am hoping to get back to the camp next year if they'll still have me. LOL. Things are just too crazy this year.

Say "Hi" to everyone for me.

"You gotta fight for your right to paddle!"
bkp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008   #4
KVBA TV8 Vail weatherman/Colorado Kayaker, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1992
Send a message via MSN to hobie
The real thanks goes to Bryan for all of his hard work. He is the one that goes above and beyond every year now. Thank you BKP for raising funds for such a great cause. It makes a big difference in the many lives at FD.

hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008   #5
student wasted state, Colorado
Send a message via AIM to vaultman14
It was a great event for a great cause thanks Brian for getting it to where it is oh and those palm pants i won are sweet!!! haha

you know sometimes i wish i would have chosen something like baseball but, i didn't and i'm a kayaker so this is what i do." -Nick Turner (Wehyakin)
vaultman14 is offline   Reply With Quote