Old 03-27-2016   #1
Lakewood, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1989
6th Annual Golden Games - REGISTRATION OPEN

The 6th Annual Golden Games registration is now open! Voted the #1 Paddling Event in 2016 by Elevation Outdoors! Whether you’re into kayaking, Stand Up Paddleboarding (SUP), Fly Fishing or Slacklining … there’s something for everyone. All events are free for spectators. Come join the fun!

Dates: May 20-22, 2016

Locations: Soda Lake - Morrison CO and Clear Creek Whitewater Park - Golden CO

Online Registration Closes: Typically 2 hours before each race/event. Onsite registration will be available for an additional fee. :: REGISTER NOW @ RDS ::

Description: The Golden Games is a three day weekend hosting a variety of sporting events, live music, demos, clinics, vendor village and more. Sports to be highlighted are Kayaking, Stand Up Paddle, Slack Lining, River Surfing, Fly Fishing.

Details: Come and become part of the following kayaking events. Register for them all and save $50!

Screamin’ ¼ mile race - Competitors race twice for the best overall time and win cool prizes!
Freestyle kayak - Beginner to Pro, register for your niche and come amped to take home some cool swag!
Slalom Race - Our park provides a fast paced course to weed out the best to become champion.
Team Relay - New format! Instead of a BoaterX we're switching to a safety oriented team relay. In addition to a kayak sprint, your rope skills, swimming skills, and rescue skills will be put to the test!

Come and hang out at the Vendor Village: This is where it's all going down! Onsite registration, raffles, competitor check-in, product companies sharing and selling their goods, food vendors, product demos, live music and all around the place to be! Located on the west side of the Golden Library on 10th Street.

Awards Party: TBD Saturday Night from 6 until 10 pm. Raffles, discounts on drinks, food truck all set in a great venue to celebrate!

Huge props and appreciation to our sponsors - Spokiz, Bob's Burgers, Woody's Wood Fired Pizza, Spyderco, Kavu, Loki, World Kayak Blog, Shamboomee, Harcourt Fly Fishing - 3G, Bar ZX Ranch, Rocky Mountain Angling Club and more to come!

See you in Golden!

hojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016   #2
new castle, Colorado
Screaming 1/4 mile race Sat May 21st Register at

nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016   #3
Lakewood, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1989
People are registering, and the start ramp for the 1/4 mile is taking shape! We are installing it on Friday and all are welcome to come run it. I'll setup the new timing system and people can time themselves for practice laps!
On the river, I can abandon who I am and what I've done. However brief it lasts, while on the river I am nothing important and everything insignificant. I am flotsam, and happy to be so.
hojo is offline   Reply With Quote