2014 Poudre Gnarrows Champion - Nathan Werner

2K views 8 replies 9 participants last post by  atom 
#1 ·
Tree Recreation Adventure Geological phenomenon Kilt

And here is the money shot...

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz

See less See more
#2 ·
Wow, the Gnarrows race is really going to the bottom feeders these days. Ditch Kurt, do a last minute weeknight race that keeps everybody else away - sure fire way to weed out the competition. I would have loved to crush Nathan if I weren't out of town all week. At least it will be easy to take the title away next year now that we have Kurt replaced by some other Ft. Collins scrub.

#5 ·
Good job Nathan!

It was only a matter if time until a BV born n raised paddler would be showing all you FC paddlers how its done by taking the belt home ;).

#6 ·
Like I said in the pre-race post, I leave the shit talking to the non racers.

We had a decent turn out for holding the race on a Wednesday night, 9 racers. We did miss the dynasty of Kurt (I actually didn't miss him), and Kyle, Austin and Kevin usually have a good showing and didn't make it. There were no swimmers this year and Kate raced and finished well.

As for the belt loosing prestige, I have done the race 5 years and only missed the final heat once. I don't think anyone chiming in here can claim that. Now I'm going to go wear my new belt buckle and let Kyle's name finish wearing off (you had an unfortunate location for your name and it's not doing well).

#7 ·
Don't blame the game. Check the Long Draw gauge. Dropping like a rock. Race had to be when the race had to be. Everybody I talked to bitched about the possibility of having it over memorial day, which seemed fine while we still had so much water but now we know the bottom IS going to drop out before this weekend and that's just the way it worked out. Sucks for you whiny bitches.

The race was still awesome. Some new faces, some old ones, some solid boatercross action, fluffy flows and Kate represented strong for the ladies. The buckle was passed on! Nice work Nathan! And I had to drink a 40 of Old E. Delicious.

Next year the race will be serious business as it has been decided that the 10th anniversary winner will get to KEEP the buckle and will be charged with finding a new one and with transferring the engravings of the past winners!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.