Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Whitewater Boating > Whitewater Kayaking

Old 02-11-2014   #1
Morrison, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2012
2014 Frontrange paddling crew needed. Or, lets get one started here!!!

Hi all,
I moved to CO about 18 months ago and my paddling/practice buddy moved out of state after last season. I still need to master the roll and am not quite ready for class 4 yet imo. Once I am able to nail the roll in class 3 consistently, that could change and that might be this season.

I am also looking to attend the CW training camp in May to improve my skills and would love to hit up open pool sessions at Meyers in Arvada or in Golden for practice. I live near 285/Simms so I have pretty easy access from Denver to Golden to Boulder for practice.

If anyone is looking for another boater for day trips near the front range on weekends, let me know by responding to this thread. I am talking about the Poudre, S. Platte, Arkansas and Colorado Rivers among others.

Also, if there are other beginners out there or people new to Colorado, I am happy to paddle with you and even show you what I already know about the roll on both flat water or at golden play park (once water levels are sufficient). I can hit it everytime in flat water, ah but that isn't an option on the river lol.

sross78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014   #2
Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2011
Hey Steven, welcome to Colorado! I'd be happy to paddle with you on any of those runs. I'm always at the pool and I'll be at training camp. Hit me up any time you want to do a run!

jmjensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014   #3
Buena Vista, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
Feel free to hit me up via private message anytime you are looking for a paddling partner on the Ark. I've got a good crew, but still end up paddling solo a lot. Be happy to show you any stretches of the river you aren't familiar with.

GARNA’s mission is to foster stewardship of the resources of the greater Arkansas River region through education, volunteerism and experiences. https://garna.org
lmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014   #4
Morrison, Colorado
Anyone interested who is at this skill level, please PM me your personal email. I will then put together an email list so anyone from the group can let the others know when they plan on paddling etc...

Old 02-15-2014   #5
Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
Absolutely. I am newish to colorado, and haven't gotten out to all of these rivers! I would live to meet new folks and spend time on the river. Pm me any time you are heading out

champson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014   #6
, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1990
You can PM me for a trip to the Ark as well. Browns is my playground.
And I'd be up for other rivers too.
I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order. - John Burroughs
squirtboater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014   #7
Morrison, Colorado
good number of responses so far, gonna be a great season guys!

more are welcome to get on the list, just PM me with your email etc...
Old 02-17-2014   #8
Conifer, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2008
Hey Steve I moved here a couple years ago myself from SE.. I'll be at the Myers pool on Sunday , but as for front range crew there is a lot of options..hitme up on FB if your on there and I'll add u to front range kayaked if you aren't already on there..FYI I'm up the hill on 285 in conifer myself..
Michael Thulin
MikeThulin1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014   #9
Morrison, Colorado

2/22 UPDATE:

Our email distribution list is up to nearly 15 class 2-4 paddlers from Denver, Morrison, Boulder, Golden, Longmont, Conifer and Buena Vista. PM me your personal email if you wish to join our contact list.

Also, anyone that would like to meet at the Open Pool session at Myers Pool in Arvada on 3/16 (1-3pm) is welcome. We should have several people attending this session for a meet and greet and some roll practice etc...