Old 05-28-2013   #11
Salida, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
Originally Posted by paddleprincess View Post
I was very disappointed you only have 12 booths available for vendors
You were misinformed about that! FIBArk has more than 75 vendors in the park and on the boat ramp.

We'd love to look at your vendor application next year, but this year is already full. We hope to hear from all interested vendors in the future.

k1wslalom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013   #12
Salida, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2003
The 2013 FIBArk Program Guide is now available online. Fibark 2013 Program Guide

We are still looking for safety boaters and volunteers. Please PM me if you can help!

FIBArk Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013   #13
Salida, Colorado
Originally Posted by lmyers View Post
I don't recall there ever being a swap at Fibark. There isn't even a paddle shop in Salida.

We are actually working on that. I run a shop called Surf Salida out of Gary Lacy's property next to Absolute Bikes. We are partnered with CKS to sell retail gear and RMOC is using the location as a sort of "Salida base camp" to book trips/lessons and organize their groups there.

Feel free to contact me if you'd like to sell any used gear out of the shop this weekend or if your business would like to set up a small booth in the front. We have limited space for sure, but it could potentially be (along with the ramp) a sort of hub for those that (like most of us) are more interested in going paddling than going on the ferris wheel. And conveniently located far enough away from the park to drown out the party.

Tom and Alli thanks for all your hard work and communication. We all look forward to a great event with some legitimate flows this year!

Fraser Crenshaw
Surf Salida
Crenshaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013   #14
Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
look for Marty at a Jackson tent. He will have raffle tix for a JK boat. Proceeds go to fund the October hole improvements in Lyons.

(seven two 0)-298-2242
Dave Frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013   #15
Summit County, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1997
Very serious concerns:

Hi, My name is Brooke. I was a junior competitor first boat on the Jr. women's US Team in Austria. I am from Salida, CO.

I am vacuuming old gradeau from the cracks of an old building in a big time rafting community because I am penniless, taken in after a couple of weeks on BLM after guide school & another job photo running fell through.

My concern is that over seven years ago I was in an automobile several hours away from town when given practically an over dose of meth amphetamine & then when I began to come down told I had to provide oral sex in order to have more which I needed to keep my physiological well-being in tact. The man was imprisoned within a month or two.

I am now seven years clean and sober, have many accomplishments, have undergone counseling, contacted crisis centers, spoken with police, and done many things to establish greater support for keepin clear of this severe problem to regain a life relatively on track and move forward with talent, skills, accomplish goals, progress in areas of interest, and thice healed and protected from the damage of this violation.

Thankfully, from BLM I was offered a place to camp from very conscientious people presenting opportunity to continue to spend the summer near to a river to kayak regularly upholding the skill level appropriate for my background an prestige. I came to a river community known for rafting with hopes & plans to take it up an have had things coming together often well-received. In the difficulty of getting by, I have committed to wood carvings I may sell to make enough to get by... Exceedingly time consuming I went to a neighbor for help & he's cleaning his new building. Still, sucking old gradeaux out of cracks (vaccuuming) on a day like today seems like a manifestation of this negativity that has kept me traumatized and often side-lined from life.

I have take. Great measures to nurture & heal my sacred feminine, uphold womanly values & self-presentation to represent, rock the style suitable of the prestige I my roles in the greater good, an this is the position that I am in on the opening mornin of FIBArk.

This cautionary notice is to raise awareness to the peculiarity of what has taken shape on a day when I care greatly to represent and fly the colors of genuine passion and deep caring for my community. I still smoke cigarettes & drink coffee, something I ask be taken lightly as crippled by poverty it needs be left alone while my struggle to get by is great enough without the pressures of opposition to these habits.

Regularly, I dream journal, do yoga (daily), go on occasional jogs, journal of great moments, scour the internet for action sport knowledge & skills upkeep, and plenty of things to be supported & find my way individually way beyond this disgrace.

I have often thought of presenting a motivational speech at FIBArk based on my appreciation for the community, accomplishments in kayaking, and greater good.

This is the nuts and bolts of a problem where things have taken shape in a bad way, I must go on, get past this, and see there may be better opportunities near taking shape. This is a bump in the road, though a concern I repeat, worthy of raisin CAUTIONARY NOTICE.
MountainLove270 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013   #16
Summit County, Colorado
I was 17 at the time & sobered up within a year havin touched nothing since. I still go out to party in occasion & celebrate worthy events!

I have since completed over 110 college credits, am transferring to finish a bachelor's, have an Outdoor Ed emphasis and Professional Ski Guiding Cert. for cat and heli ski ventures, WFR, have managed a hostel and been an innkeeper, worked many jobs around ski resorts, and traveled in Costa Rica and Guatemala. I have made many great memories to build up from rising way above this problem...

Just a RAPE AWARENESS... (statutory based on child prostitution laws... I was 17 & the man 29).... I have other issues, friends whom committed suicide, relationships damaged by my traumatized instability from this problem, etc.

Even so. Vaccuuming cracks in a floor on opening day of FIBArk? WARNING that's what's taken shape now. I hope this helps provide clarity & collaboration to work towards the better.
Old 06-14-2013   #17
Summit County, Colorado
Probably on with life, hanging out, kayakin this afternoon, dredding my hair, wood carvings, see my river people friends around, go further with plans to go rock climbing in notable places, etc.

Furthermore... I was a 15 yr old US Team member & the required age has turned to 16... Solutions?