The EddyFlower Vertical Challenge kicks off May 15th, time to start rallying your crew!
The competition is simple: teams of 5 paddle as many runs as they can endure for 32 days. To give your paddling purpose, the challenge raises funds for young adults with cancer. Teams in each division with the most vertical feet are crowned champions and win SIC prizes!
- The Vertical Challenge opens at sunrise on May 15th and closes at sunset on June 15th
- Open to all paddlers (Kayakers, rafters, canoers, riverboarders) from all countries, of all skill levels
- Divisions include: Open, Class V, Class IV, Class III, Weekend Warrior, Women's
- All funds raised go to First Descents kayaking camp for young adults with cancer
Prizes: Panama Kayak Trip through Boquete Outdoor Adventure, Fluid Solo, Predator Helmet Camera, Kokatat PFDs, Level Six Spray-skirts, Shred Ready Helmets, Keen Shoes, Smith Sunglasses, Tech 40 Watches, NRS Dry Tops, Aquabound Carbon Paddles, Gaia Water Proof bags, Loki Hoodies and Red Bull.
2008 EVENT STATISTICS
The EddyFlower Vertical Challenge was a HUGE success in 2008. Here are some of the results from the event.
- $28,117 funds raised for First Descents
- 96 new American Whitewater Memberships
- 1,420,033 vertical feet paddled equal to 269 miles or 48 sea to summit on Mt. Everest
- 3,528 total laps paddled
- 200 competitors
- 48 teams from 12 states
- $14,000 in prizes
- Over 1,200 eligible runs in 31 states