Old 04-25-2007   #11
The next zone, .
Sorry how much $ + braggin rights = Champ of the World.

Also from the YGP video that I saw that Pat kid allong with everyone else in the video is shootin for 2nd place. That Yap guy kills it - best part in the video by far.

Jahve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007   #12
Arvada, 80003
Paddling Since: 2002
Well then my dear friend fred. Have you ever personaly watched Stephen surf bus eater. If not the same thing applies. All his videos that he posts are very well edited also. Points will come with amplitude and the ability to stick the move. No one goes a consistantly big as Patrick.

"Ain't a single rock in this river that can stop us!" Slug
TheKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007   #13
The next zone, .
Yea it is shitty that Patrick can't compete.

Ever hear the quote "to be the best you have to beat the best". I would think that the new world champ would want to be tested against the best.

It seems as if this is not the case.
Jahve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007   #14

I 2nd that Anthony Yap stole the show in the aforementioned YGP flick. However, B-ho's dad would clean up on all those young bucks. Just saying....
twitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007   #15
Boulder, Jackson Kayak, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
Send a message via Skype™ to thecraw
Stephen didn't make it either... Tough for both he and Camblin, but bottom line that how the cookie crumbles. They will have the entire competitive season around the US this summer to re-prove themselves as consistent winners, but I waned to mention someone that hasn't been commented here yet.

Nick Troutman is a Jackson Team member but is on the Canadian Team. He lives with the Jacksons and trains with EJ every day. The kid is 18, and basically I would put my money on him for at least top 3. First off, he was born raised on Bus. He trains litterally every day on either it or Rock Island and just got off of 5 weeks of training with EJ in Uganda on the Nile Special. Again (my opinion) but I have never seen a better more relaxed BIG wave rider than he period. He pushes EJ limits of big wave arial moves, but EJ instills in him the consistency it takes to be the top dog. On top of it all he is a very cool, mellow kid.

You can check him out in the new Hotel Charley flick. Blonde haired kid in the green mega.

Let the games begin!
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather...To skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... WOW !!!! What a ride!!!!!!"
thecraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007   #16
jackson shmackson :)

my $ is still on Brian's dad....I saw him throw the biggest double kick-flip ever OVER all of Rigormortis in a Vortex once....4 real.
twitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007   #17
Send a message via MSN to Jiberish
My two Cents: Even though Patrick and Stephen aren't competing, I have seen them both surf up there last Nov when I was up there. Patrick is actually very consistent.... anyone who thinks its just the video is mistaken. I think the first ride he had that I saw was two bread and butters, a clean blunt, and one or two flashbacks..... That is a very consistent ride on mini bus. Stephen also would have a good chance as well. he has some dialed moves.... But patrick has also been surfing that wave for over 5 years....he knows it pretty well:But they both arent competiting so it doesnt really matter~

But back to some people that haven't really been mentioned. Moe Kelleher, out of Ireland was up there for a month training this winter. He goes as big as anyone, and has multiple competitions under his belt! Also Peter Csonka out of Slavakia! This guy is a terminator! He was also in Africa training as well, and has done well in numerouse competitions.... I personally think this will be a super tight competition... There are soo many talented athletes....Marlow long also has a good shot as well!. He had the highest scoring ride at team trials in pre-lims... He also has been surfing in WV a lot of this spring on the dries, and other waves! Anthony Yap would also be a person I'd put some bets on! Hes a super ninja! Im curious to see how it all actually rolls out! Should be super fun to keep track of!

Well, theres my 2 cents

Ben Guska

Jiberish is offline   Reply With Quote