Old 08-02-2004   #1
Steamboat, Colorado
2004 Mountainbuzz Party & Video Awards

Hey All,

Here's a quick update on an upcoming party that you are all invited to.

Following this winter's party at Forrest Room 5, a few of us buzzards thought it might be fun to throw another mountainbuzz party at the end of this month. This would be an opportunity for everyone to catch up with friends, meet new friends, put a face next to a name, and watch local video footage from CO rivers and creeks.

The dates or the venue are not yet set in stone, but will probably be Saturday August 28, at Club Rise, in downtown Denver. We're looking to reserve the club from 7pm-9pm to present awards for best homespun Colorado rivers and creeks video footage, and then open the club to the public at 9pm and continue drink specials for boaters for the rest of the evening. We'll have a reggae band early, and DJs later in the evening, and maybe food too. I'll post an update as soon as I find out more.

We thought Club Rise would provide a bigger venue than last time, this way we won't feel as packed-in there and makes it easier to mingle. We'll also be able to show your videos throughout the entire club on flat screen plasma TVs.

We already have a bunch of great video entries.. thanks a ton to all who have already contributed! And of course we can always use more footage, so if you have anything to submit then please see instructions here: and send your stuff via snail-mail or email ASAP so we can include it in the lineup. Submission deadline is approaching fast..

Hope everyone can make it!

p.s. thanks to matts, bt, hobie, brook, don for helping out so far.. if anyone else wants to help out, then feel free to post here or send me an email.

frenchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2004   #2
rep, lifestyle tech
Mountain buzz awards.

Dig up your kayak images!! were looking for some entrees for the MSX awards. it dosn't matter how long ago the footage is from just as long as it was in CO. where are the burns rodeo videos, Big Sur, and old gore footage.
The party should be cool with plenty of entertainment. take a look in the closet you know it's there.

bt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2004   #3
hey frenchy - I think lots of folks might be gone that weekend for Team Trials (August 28th) - possibly another weekend? The party is a great idea! danielle
danielle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2004   #4
Steamboat, Colorado
Hey Danielle, I had no idea about Team Trials. Hmm.. I'll see if we can work out a better date. There's also OR, Gore, and Gauley season to work around.
Old 08-03-2004   #5
DP/ Cinematographer
DP - cinematographer, Boulder
Paddling Since: 1978
Send a message via Skype™ to Brook
I think the 4 people that are going to team trials from Colorado will survive.
I don't think majority of the Buzz Crowd is really headed there anyways. I could be wrong.. party on....

Brook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2004   #6
Steamboat, Colorado
Danielle, I think we're going ahead with the Aug 28 date. I'm very sorry, I wish you could make it. Who do we need to talk to change the Team Trials date? The nerve!

Club Rise gave us the green light, yeaaaaah! Just a few more things to confirm and I'll post details for the party soon. This is shaping up be a really good time, can't wait!

Brook, what's your email? I need to talk to you about some logistics.
Old 08-06-2004   #7
Steamboat, Colorado
Brook, scratch that. I've got your email. Doh
Old 08-13-2004   #8
Denver, Colorado
Any chance this assembly of movies will be offered to the public? I won't be able to make it, but would love to catch some local footage.
Livingston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2004   #9
Local, Colorado
Send a message via AIM to paddlebizzle
We're trying to choreograph the footage in digital DVD format. I think if you provided a blank DVD after the event, we could make a copy.
paddlebizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2004   #10
Eagle, Colorado
Send a message via AIM to matts Send a message via MSN to matts Send a message via Yahoo to matts Send a message via Skype™ to matts

all entries must be submitted by this sunday. that is sunday, august 22nd.

if you have footage from colorado - from any decade - send it in...this is a party to support mountainbuzz - help us get'r done!!!

we spoke with steven in telluride today and have decided to dedicate the evenings awards to russel this year, so enter your vids, come out for a great time, and help us support mountainbuzz!

Alpine Arms
Team Dagger
matts is offline   Reply With Quote