Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Whitewater Boating > Whitewater Kayaking

Old 05-21-2007   #1
Boulder, Jackson Kayak, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
Send a message via Skype™ to thecraw
1st place Cadet gets a free JK kids boat at Lyons and FIBARK!!!

We here at Jackson Kayak are super stoked to announce that we are sponsoring a Cadet Rodeo for both the Lyons Outdoor Games as well as FIBARK. The Cadet age range is 14 and under and we hope to see each of you parents out there getting your kids fired up to show their stuff!

This is not some, "get a pat on the back" winnings either... The winner of the Cadet rodeo for the Lyons Event goes home with a Shooting Star!!! (MSRP $899) The winner of the FIBARK Cadet Rodeo goes home with a Fun 1!!! Very cool indeed. Second and third place prizes will consist of Jackson Kayak Paddles as well as a kids Happy 2B helmet and other schwag. No Cadet athlete will go home empty handed that has entered to compete. Shirts, Stickers, etc will be handed out to all athletes!

So for any of you parents that have kids screaming for a Jackson... here is your chance at a free one.

The rodeo is going to be very simple and it's important to know that it will be EXTREMELY SAFE. There will several safety boaters in the water with them and plenty of on shore safety as well... The first rodeo will be at the Lyons Outdoor Games on Saturday June 9th at 12:15. The Cadet Rodeo for FIBARK is scheduled for Sunday June 17th at 9:30 am.

The kids will be able to earn points for just about anything from ultra beginner to advanced types of moves. The official score sheet is not done, but points for everything from front surfing, enders, spins, to even rolling in the feature, or simply being on the feature for the whole time alloted are being scored.

This is a great opportunity for any kid out there giving kayaking a chance to not only have a great time, but to win the coolest gear in the market today...

We have a tight window for the Lyons Outdoor Games as the day is already stacked with events. For that reason we don't have a ton of time. The rides will be short... (45 seconds at this point). I don't want this to sound corney... but I highly suggest registering your kid online for Lyons early. If registrations get too many we might have to impose a cap...

I hope you are all as stoked about this as we are and hope to see you all at these very cool events. We are very fortunate to have two family friendly events such as LOG and FIBARK... Let's get out there with the family to support them!

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather...To skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... WOW !!!! What a ride!!!!!!"
thecraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007   #2
Gnarnia, Colorado
Many thanks to Jackson Kayak for such a generous donation to the Lyons Outdoor Games and for their commitment to getting more kids on the water.

JBL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007   #3
Technology Partner, Littleton, Colorado
Send a message via AIM to mvhyde
<LAUGHING> Oh boy...

Told Henry about this and he said I hope it's green or orange....
And the Lord said, let there be whitewater. So on Friday, the 13th day of the month....
mvhyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007   #4
Poison Slingin'
Thanks to Jackson Kayaks and Marty for this great opportunity. Hopefully this will be an event that will grow each year. If you have kids under 14 and they are screaming for you to buy them a new Jackson Kayak, you had better sign them up for the 07 inagural Cadet rodeo series. See you at LOG and FIBArk.

chixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007   #5
Lyons, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1998
Send a message via AIM to erdvm1
The Jackson Shooting Star (1st place prize for the Cadet series Rodeo for the Lyons Outdoor Games) is here at my house along with two Jackson Paddles..........And the color is.................ORANGE!!
Go Dawgs!!!
Happiness is a way of travel not a destination
erdvm1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007   #6

A word of advice, don't give them points for rolling in the hole. It encourages what could be a dangerous behavior. Hoot and Holler for them but you don't want some kid intentionally flipping over in a deep hole like Lyons and then take that to mid summer Golden. Ouch.

Regarless I hope you have a boat for girls winner too. In Golden this spring we had more girls competing than boys.

friend of the fork, knife, and spoon
peterB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007   #7
Technology Partner, Littleton, Colorado
Send a message via AIM to mvhyde
OUch...just saw the age range for the Cadets

14 seems a little high on the high end of the range. I guess Henry better get used to it.
And the Lord said, let there be whitewater. So on Friday, the 13th day of the month....
mvhyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007   #8
Broomfield, Colorado Paddling Since: 1996
This event will also be a qualifier for the Junior Olympic Event in Golden on July
I think this is a great effort to acknowledge the little ones and those not quite able to compete in the Junior Class in 14+ and in high school.
I certainly will have three 14 and under present.

FRPA1 is offline   Reply With Quote