Old 04-22-2009   #11
B.F.E., Wyoming
I'd like to see a picture or something from the feat before we go all kablooy

freexbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009   #12
Holy shit! I'll have to see how hard he stomped it but having boated with Tyler a bunch, he would'nt say he stomped it if he did'nt. The Pedro one always felt a little dirty anyway since it seemed so unplausable that he didn't swim and then went immediatelt to the Today Show. Although to his credit he certainly may have stuck it AND I can't say that I would'nt have gone on the Today Show. That's insane to go so much bigger though. It makes sense a 40 footer in a kayak feels similar to a 40 footer on skiis so a 200 footer in a kayak should be doable.

craporadon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009   #13
Missoula, 59801
Paddling Since: 2002
Tyler is the man plain and simple...plop and drop is the easiest kayaking he does (anyone else here ran the box canyon on the Clarks Fork at age 13?) and no one who is going to post a reply to this has anything on him and yes I know who you all are. Tyler just spent the last month SLAYING every 80-100 footer he could find in Washington in preperation to this and he styled them all. Stop being haters and appreciate how sick it is and one last thing to all you who want to continue this, Tyler just went bigger on Brennans wave then pros who trained on it all winter and he hadnt been in his playboat in months. So the point is keep on hating but no one here on Mountainbuzz has done close to what he has which includes two trips through Hypoxia. Should i continue? This will be my first and last post on this topic......I just had to defend my friend who I know to be more accomplished than almost every "buzzard' out there or any two combined for that matter. "Sick Bird" Tyler and I cant wait to paddle with you in Montana.
Tucker Whalen
TuckerW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009   #14
Bozeman, Montana
Paddling Since: 1999
i remember the young gun video with tyler stomping the right side of mesa like it was a cake walk. tyler can boat. not just huck.
caspermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009   #15
Salida, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1993
This is the drop in question: Palouse Falls, Washington
beautiful drop. can't wait to see some footy.
Mike Harvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009   #16
Seattle, Washington
Send a message via AIM to JCKeck1
Just to clarify, I'm not saying Tyler is a weak boater. I have no doubt he's sick as hell. I just want to know why we can't get all psyched for all the other amazing hard drops he's run at high water in deep gorges, instead of simply the number 186.
JCKeck1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009   #17
Bozeman, Montana
good qustion joe. bigger the better maybe? possible consequences...and the class 4 stuff doesn't compare visually to something of that magnetude. thats a damn big drop. no doubt he's run other hard drops possibly harder but the scale is large for different rapids. slides, stacked pool drop, giant waterfall. its all different. i think id like to see more of tyler all around. props to all you kayakers with extra large balls.
caspermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009   #18
Longmont, Colorado
Paddling Since: 98
I’m sure he is. Hell, I was psyched the first time I pulled off a roll, the first time did Browns, the first time I did the Royal Gorge, the first time I did the Poudre, the first time I did #’s etc. It turns out though that no one else gave two shits so I didn’t bother posting it on the internet or making a movie.

The guy shattered a world record (assuming he stuck it), he isn’t allowed to be a little proud?
GPP33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009   #19
Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2001
Originally Posted by TuckerW View Post
Should i continue?
No, you should shut up and stop being childish. Nobody here is 'hatin' and nobody here is saying Tyler isn't an outstanding boater... people just want to see some proof. Why are you here telling everyone they don't compare to Tyler? Who cares? Here's a little tidbit that will carry you far in life:

"If you compare yourself with others you may become bitter and vain, for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself. Enjoy your achievements and your plans."

If you know what that comes from, then you should try living by it.
JHimick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009   #20
Send a message via AIM to xkayaker13
I'm not going to argue that I'm a better kayaker than Tyler, mainly because the fact that almost everyone knows I am a much much better boater than he is (I ran the stikine when I was 13 in a playboat).

I will however argue that kayaking off 100+ foot waterfalls is a really dumb idea. These "waterfall wars" are encouraging people to keep pushing the limits until someone discovers what the limit is. I think it is bad publicity and promotes a part of the sport that only .000001% kayakers participate in. (Reference Skier Jamie Pierre) It's a movement that is in the opposite direction of kayaking in its purity.

I'm sure it did take a lot of skill to stick a line like that, but regaurdless I am still way better at kayaking. (Don't you ever forget that Tucker W)

Congrats Tyler on narrowly avoiding the Darwin awards!
The Darwin Awards

PS, no need to call me ignorant. People have already informed me that I am in a similar thread.

xkayaker13 is offline   Reply With Quote